sábado, 31 de julho de 2010

Devotional

Post in english, because I had to prepare that in english. Hope you enjoy. hahaha


Im gonna talk a little bit about dreams.

My dream has always been going to Hawaii,

I wanted to go to Hawaii last year, but I didn't know what was YWAM and DTS and everything, I just wanted to go to Hawaii. Everything went wrong. My dad said "no, you are not going".
The next year, I prayed about that and started to put the stuff together, apply for the visa, applied for the school, and all the things started to happen.
But still God was not the focus of my trip, he was just the excuse for me to go to Hawaii, my main focus was on the beaches, surfing, waves, shopping. And I knew that.
Because of this I was afraid that it was not God's will for my life.

A friend told me that when is God's will, we get so happy, in a different way of happiness.
In my small group, we were praying about this and then my leader told me that God was the one who created me and was the one who put all the dreams in my heart. In other words, that the dreams belongs to him!

All the things were happening in God's perfect timing. Like he says in eclesiastes 3: 1 and 11

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

If i have gone in the previous year, it would be so different, my mind wouldn't be prepared to all the new stuff happening like moving to another country, speaking in another language, living by myself. I was sad I couldn't go in 2009, but if I went, I would give up.


I was in Brazil yet and I realized that it was happening in God's time. I've been waiting my whole life to go to Hawaii and at that time, things were just flowing. I realized that I was really really happy, the way my friend told me I'd be if it was God's will in my life.
I still had some months before leaving to YWAM and then I started reading a book from a brazilian pastor and there was a quote that really caught my attention
It said:
"Consider also that God sees no grace to see his will fulfilled and let the will of man aside. Happiness, human fulfillment, satisfaction and joy come only when the two wills are aligned." (Ed Rene Kivitz)
I realized that it was really God.

So, I went to Hawaii and it was wonderful, it was actually better than I expected, cause God was with me. I believe He brought me there to start to learn how to hear his voice and having a relationship with him, that i didn't have before.
Now, if you ask me what I liked the most in Hawaii, i'd probably say that was Green Sands Beach or any other place, but the thing that really changed my life and I'll certainly carry for all my life was my relationship with God.

God had his dreams for my life, but to fulfill it, he was so good, that he also fulfilled my dreams.

God not only cares about our dreams, but he also DREAMS with us.
Sometimes, our dreams doesn't happen in the time we think that is the right time. But when the time comes, you just knows that is the right time.

Psalms 37:4, 5
4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

Pray that we are gonna dream the God's dreams for our lives. Restore dreams that you missed in the way.

2 comentários:

  1. am I supposed to cry now? awww my little girl is growing up! I remember us talking so much about it, dreams and relatioship with God
    and your fear of this dream not being His as well.
    and YES when it is His it makes you kind like... complete! =)
    I love, love, love you! I´m proud of the cross in your life and glad to see fruits of seeds I threw in your life!
    again, I love you! but God loves yo best!
    come back so we can pray together again for something else.
    God bless. hold on tight to Him, beautiful!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Buahaha, now I know much about you...well...what you tell me anyways. Now, this is what I will memorize when I talk about you in front of people. Esta é minha namorada.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding. You know I am =D

    ResponderExcluir